So that everyone can check and analyze their scores and times, find attached all the times recorded.
You will also find in this spreadsheet useful information such as Cuts, Reflies, Penalties and average wind speed during all your flight.
As said before, new day, new slope!
We were forecasting South-East wind on Sunday and already in the morning, clouds were showing at the distance.
The usual south slope would have wind coming slightly from the left, risks of reflies, and fog could be dangerous and prevent us from making new rounds.
We decided to go close to yesterday’s slope, oriented 160-170deg so this would already make it 20deg better than the normal location. also, as we were far from the clouds, we would have at least 1hour before it would come to us (1round) if not clear sky for all day.
Wind was fairly light, and sometimes lift would be very limited even if there was 4m/s and no cross wind (but cold air). Some pilots got tricked by the A base that had very limited visibility if pilot started diving…… no see no beep!!
So in the end, four more rounds were flown. Stephane Riccobono did not leave any bits of what he got, Michael Krebs and Philippe Lanes also. Reto in great performance unfortunately did a cut on his last round and lost many points there. Some other pilots were still unlucky and simply got bad air.
Final Results after a total of 8 rounds are below.
Team results (updated from yesterday’s prize distribution as there was an error on the spreadsheet calculating the team points.
Many thanks to all judges and to you all pilots who came!
The forecast was talking about wind and showers by the end of the day, so the idea was to really make the best to get rounds done ASAP.
After the usual croissant/coffee meeting, the wind started blowing at more than 5m/s so round 1 started. Quite constant conditions with best runs at 53sec, some 55/57sec and 60s. then a thermal came and Reto did perfect use of it with a superb 47seconds. Unfortunately, soon after the fog came and we were forced to stop the round. we managed to get another 2 pilots flying in between the clouds coming and going, and had to stop again….. 2 pilots left to validate the round!!…… But the clouds were too strong and we never managed to relaunch and validate that first round…. To bad but still fair for everyone.
We decided to move further West beyond the West slope to get out of the clouds and run again some rounds. Wind was at 40deg and more on the left and only 1 pilot flew (Niklaus) and almost ended down the slope as wind went down also. And just to make it complete, Fog came to the party and killed the day. No more chance of flying.
Tomorrow meeting at 10 for hopefully better conditions and RUNS this time!
PS: great attention has been developped to give as much as possible fair flying conditions to everyone, with minimum wind speed set at 4m/s, everage wind during the whole flight above 4m/s and wind orientation limited to less than 40deg. This way, everyone is sure to have decent flying conditions.