Bonjour à tous, petit message de mise à jour / information sur le concours de Caussols (FAI) de ce weekend.Premièrement, nous avons pu valider un restaurant pour le samedi soir, à Chateauneuf de Grasse (le Capriccio), nous aurons un repas à l’exterieur avec Salade Antipasti en entrée, Poulet sauce Forestiere et Tarte fine aux pommes, accompagné d’une boisson de son choix (soda, vin, biere). Un groupe live jouera durant la soirée. Il a été tres compliqué de trouver quelque chose, pour etre honnete, les restaurants ont je pense un peu “montés” leurs tarifs et trouver une solution dans le budget n’a pas été possible, l’organisation participe donc un peu car sinon cela n’etait pas possible. Le restaurant est juste sur la route en redescendant de Caussols, a environ 15-20minutes maximum, donc on pourra faire un maximum le samedi et descendre directement.
Concernant la competition, le rdv est prevu a 9h vendredi comme annoncé depuis le debut. Il faudra par contre faire attention car nous risquons un episode pluvieux sur cette journée. J’espere encore que la meteo va s’ameliorer mais on risque de ne pas voler, ou etre tres reactif pour profiter de la tempete entre les orages. Soyez donc equipés et prets!Samedi et Dimanche s’annoncent ensoleillés, avec une meteo comparable au weekend passé (perso je signe de suite tellement c’etait bien).Donc espoirs pour vendredi, belle et longue journée samedi et final dimanche!
As you must all know, the valleys of Tende have been dramatically damaged a few months ago, with most of the roads still not rebuilt.
As right now not much work can be done (middle of the winter), we will have to wait until this spring to better know what solution in terms of road is possible. (maybe through the dirt road of Casterino, or the old dirt road bellow the slope with xxxx turns..?).
Our goal is to maintain the competition (if Covid permits of course) in Tende. The people there have always been really great with us and it is on these moments of difficulties that we must even more help them.
In the case of really no access to the slope from Tende, we will have to move back the competition for this year to our club’s main slope: Caussols. Most of you already know the place, it will be easy to organize there but you will of course be informed asap for all your lodging arrangements.
Dear pilots and friends, I really was hoping we could make it and enjoy a great weekend together this next July, with the end of the confinement for the Covid19.
Unfortunately, latest decisions made in France this past Saturday night confirmed that even if borders were to be opened by the time of the event, there will still be a required period of quarantine when entering the country. We still have no information on potential reopening of hotels and even less of the restaurants.
These circumstances are as we know very exceptional and unpredictable.
We have to adapt and accept the fact that this 2020 edition will not be.I am very sad to announce this but think it is the wise choice.
All registered pilots are by default registered for next year’s edition (2021).
For pilots not willing to participate next year and preferring getting their registration fee back, please send me an email to allan(dot)cohen(@t)maccannes(dot)com with your PayPal account. Note that PayPal took roughly a 5euro charge on your registration so in case of deregistration and reimbursement, I will deduct 5euros from paid amount (and you may receive a bit less again).
Hope you are safe and to see you soon with all the new models and projects you must have all been working on during these past months.
the weather forecast keeps on changing. Yesterday, many websites would project north wind and risks of rain, some would say south and some just clouds.
today, I see more some trends towards south wind, clouds and little risks of rain. I like seeing the forecast getting better in a night, let’s hope it continues to evolve like this as the summer storms break today. I will see you all on friday morning anyway, and many already on thursday PM I’m sure!
In regards to new drone related laws in place in France since the beginning of this year, it is mandatory that all models used during the contest are registered on the following internet portal belonging the the French civil aviation agency (DGAC)
As of today, the training attestation is not required for non French pilots, however we encourage everyone to make you aware about the model aircraft related rules in place in France ( https://fox-alphatango.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/en/ )
Best practice to know before flying in France: http://www.f3fcaussols.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/rules_proper_use_recreational_drone.pdf
Competition is less than 1 month away. We will be a nice group of 25 pilots validated, so hopefully plenty of rounds with fast records 🙂
We are thinking about making some tshirts for this special 10th anniversary.
please contact me ASAP by email on allan(dot)cohen@maccannes(dot)com with your name and prefered tshirt size!